USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program

The USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program provides money for healthy meals.

You can participate in the Food Program if your program is a
  • Nonprofit licensed adult day care center
  • For-profit licensed adult day care center and 25% of the adults are from low-income households

The amount of money you get for food depends on the household income of the people that come to your center. Contact us today for an estimate of how much money you could get from the Food Program.

Partners in Nutrition Consulting Services*

We offer consulting services to help make participating in the Food Program easy! Our Food Program consulting package includes:

  • Help completing the Intent of Apply Checklist, including assistance in obtaining a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) and Vendor Number from the Minnesota Department of Management and Budget
  • Assistance in the collection of Household Income Statements from participants and provide a secondary review of Center’s processing of the Household Income Statements
  • Technical assistance on the creation of your sponsor and site application in CLiCS, including technical assistance on the completion of the CACFP Detail Budget Workbook
  • Template Attendance Forms and Meal Count Forms and assist you in customizing them for their operations
  • Review of you menus by a registered dietitian for compliance with the CACFP meal pattern requirements
  • Required posters, “And Justice for All” and Choking/CPR
  • Assistance in writing the public release for the Center and a list of suggested distribution outlets
  • Attending your CACFP Approval Visit from MDE to provide technical assistance

*While Partners in Nutrition can make participation in the USDA Child and Adult Food Program easier by providing consulting services and technical assistance, we are not an approved sponsoring organization. Your center must take final administrative responsibility for the managment of the Food Program.
Learn more about this important federal program that helps feed hungry youth and seniors
The Minnesota Department of Education administers the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program. MDE is responsible for interpreting federal guidelines and establishing rules for sponsoring organizations in Minnesota.

Read More

Required USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

Nondiscrimination statement: In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)   Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)   Fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)   Email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.